Agricultural or Hobby Farm Appraisals
Our agricultural appraisers have extensive knowledge in appraising all types of agricultural properties, including Hobby Farms. We provide market value appraisals for purchasing and selling purposes, mortgage financing purposes, in the field of litigation, new construction, or consultation in these areas.
We specialize in:
- Agricultural Lands
- Grain Operations
- Cattle Operations
- Intensive Livestock Operations
- Hobby Farms
- Fertilizer and Chemical Dealerships
- Country Residential Acreages
- Recreational Properties
- Future Urban Development Lands
In addition to this, we can provide assistance in special studies and research. We provide consulting services (Professional Real Estate Advice/Consulting) in the area of losses and damages to agricultural operations. We are a trusted name in the area of real estate appraisal that our customers look to. Our team of agricultural real estate appraisers provides real estate and consulting services in the area of mortgage financing, development, litigation, estates, purchase/sale and various other uses.
For further information on Agricultural or Hobby Farm Appraisals, or to request an appraisal, please contact us!
The value of agricultural lands varies substantially throughout the Province and are affected by many factors. Among these factors, our appraisers consider:
• Specific location - farmland markets are local by nature and averages can be misleading.
• Agricultural productivity and utility - soils (and resulting productivity) can vary dramatically across a municipality, a township, a section, and indeed a farm.
• Availability of water sources - the availability of water for agricultural purposes can range from dugouts and natural water bodies to water licenses. Access to water can dramatically affect land values.
• Climatic factors – climate varies not only on a regional basis but locally as well. Average frost free days, average rainfall and the like can significantly affect the uses and productivity of land.
• Access – physical access from a roadway to a land parcel is of course desirable. The lack of access such as a landlocked parcel can affect the land values significantly.
• Proximity to the major economic centers – land holdings closer to regional service centers tend to be higher than remote parcels.
• Parcel improvements - the nature, size and utility of any parcel improvements can affect sale-ability and overall sale prices.
• Other economic factors such as oil or pipeline lease revenues can affect land values.
• Aesthetics – in certain markets views and topography can have an effect on overall land values.
Whether you need an appraisal for potential sale or purchase, financing, estate planning or asset division, you can count on our diligent research, analysis, and expertise to help you make informed decisions.